Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Makayla is going to be 3!

Makayla is going to be a flower girl in her Uncle Eric's wedding a day after her 3rd birthday. This is the dress that I got for her at Children's Place on sale for $20. It isn't as formal as other dresses, but the wedding isn't really formal. The only thing I was told was to get her a white dress. Makayla loves this dress and she is so comfortable in it. The bride was happy with it when I sent her this picture, so that is all the say so that I need.

I can't believe that my little girl is going to be 3 years old in just over a week. I have planned her birthday party for a couple of weeks after the wedding at our campground site which backs onto the playground. I invited 3 of her friends as well as her 2 cousins. She doesn't do well with big crowds, so I tried to keep it small. We're just going to do a barbecue, some cake and ice cream and playing on the playground. Her best friend at daycare was so excited to get the invitation yesterday. We left it addressed to him in his home mailbox, so he got it when he got home yesterday. He couldn't wait to tell me this morning that he got his letter and he couldn't wait to come to the party.

As for presents, I had so much fun picking stuff out for her. She loves pretending to take pictures so I got her one of the kids digital cameras. She loves to play basketball at the court at the campground, but the balls are all regular sized, so my sister got her a small pink basketball. My parents are getting her her first bike. She will have a blast learning to drive this around the campground. Makayla also loves to play air guitar, so I found a pink Bratz guitar where she can strum the strings, push the fret buttons or just pull the whammy bar. Each of them make lots of guitar noises. I can't wait to see her reaction when she gets these gifts.

Makayla can count to 13 without any trouble. It starts getting tricky after that. It goes 12, 13, 16, five-teen, 14, then she just gets confused. She likes to work on getting it right though.

She told me her first "knock knock" joke last week. It went:
Her: Knock Knock
Me: Who's there?
Her: Boo
Me: Boo who?
Her: Don't cry. It's just a joke!
I couldn't believe that she was able to get through the whole thing without stumbling over the words. She must have learned this at her sitter's since we don't often tell knock knock jokes at our house.

Overall Makayla went through the past year without much trouble. She was a very good girl and rarely threw temper tantrums...like she might have had 6 all year. Now that she's nearing 3, she's getting a little attitude. I don't like the sauciness so we've had to be tough with her. Up until now, I haven't had to put her into time-out, and it's not because I'm lenient, she just never did anything that warranted it. In the past few weeks, I've had to threaten a time-out due to her attitude, and she would change her tune. This weekend, I had to break down and give her her first time-out. It worked at the time and now when she starts to get nasty, I just remind her what will happen if she isn't nice. So far, so good...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe its time for our kids to hit their third birthday! HOLY COW!

I hope McKayla continues on her good behavior for you! Discpline stinks

Kristi Ann said...

Boo hoo hoo....I can't believe how fast it ig going!! 3 already!!! geesh~

ANd boy are you lucky~ My drama mam hits the time out stair at LEAST 3 times a day. LOL She is my "challenge" child! :)

P.S Makayla looks BEAUTIFUL in her dress....*Sigh*...so cute!~

Sabrina said...

Her birthday's the 6th right? I believe it's the same day as Alex's. I was just thinking her birthday was coming up since I'm planning for Alex's now. The dress is cute! She'll make a beautiful flower girl!

S said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow to Makayla! she is just so pretty! That dress is adorable on her! can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding!