Monday, June 9, 2008

Uncle Eric's wedding

The wedding was beautiful. The day was not too hot, nor too cold. We were all comfortable in our short sleeves without sweaters, but the black flies were awful!! Makayla did an excellent job as the flower girl. She walked up the aisle with the bride's nephew who was the ring bearer. Clay stood at the back with the kids and told them to walk towards me since I was videotaping the wedding from the front of the church.

Here is Makayla posing for the photographer. I can't believe she sat so still for her.

Here are me and Clay with Clay's brother Eric (the groom in the tux).
Here are the 2 brothers and their wives - Cara and Eric, Clay and me.
The entire family is in this picture. I was surprised that Clay's parents stood next to each other for this picture since they usually can't stand to be in the same room together. Eric is holding his daughter Gracie.
During the reception, I gave the toast to the groom. Clay was supposed to do it but he hates speaking in front of a crowd whereas it doesn't bother me. We voted that I would probably do a better job. I think the toast went over well as people seemed to enjoy it.

My mom was invited to the wedding, so after the reception she took Makayla home to her house for a sleepover so Clay and I could enjoy ourselves at the dance, which we took advantage of. We caught up with a lot of old friends from the area where Clay grew up. We had a blast and stayed until the dance ended. It was a great day!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

GREAT PICS! She looks adorable.

Jen said...

How cute is she!!! Glad you got to enjoy yourself.

Sabrina said...

That dress looks great on her! Cute! Love the pics!

Kristi Ann said...

Awww....she is tooo precious!!!
Congrats to your brother and his new wife! :)

I am so glad I finally got to see makayla in her flower girl dress. She is beautiful!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MAKAYLA!