Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall is here


The weather has gotten cooler in the mornings and evenings, and that is the sure sign that fall has arrived. We enjoyed our summer at the campground although the weather wasn't that spectacular this year. I think that I heard that we had 20% more rain in July/August than average. Makayla learned 2 new things this summer at the campground:

1. To ride her bike (with training wheels) all by herself

2. To swing without anybody pushing her

I am very proud of her for working hard this summer to figure these things out.


Next week she starts preschool for 2 mornings each week. She is excited for this and has been asking me almost daily when she starts school. I talked to the coordinator and she told me that there are 7 or 8 kids registered, so it's a very small group, but they are all kids that Makayla will go to school with.


I also signed Makayla up for tap dancing. She has been mesmerized with anybody dancing at various events we have gone to, and even on TV's "So You Think You Can Dance". After she was registered she told me that she needed tap shoes and a tap dress, so I had to comply. I will post a picture as soon as I take one. These classes start in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Jen said...

ooh I cant wait to hear how she enjoys tap! Jams is going to take a gymnastics class next month.

YAY for learning how to swing by herself!

Sabrina said...

How neat that she's going to do tap! I hope you will post some pics soon!