Monday, February 11, 2008

My first post

I've been keeping an online journal about Makayla, but I find that lately, I've been tending to document things that have nothing to do with her and it seems inappropriate to use her journal as a place to record things like that. So today, I decided I would finally start a blog that would encompass our entire family life.

My husband and I have a lot of things going on right now. We recently purchased a piece of land that we intend to subdivide into 7 building lots. We currently have 2 people interested in buying lots and we would like to keep at least 2 for ourselves. Due to the fact that we now own this property, we would like to build a new house this summer. So, that led us to list our house for sale. We listed just over a week ago and already we've had two showings, but no offers yet. Since we don't know if/when our house will sell, we've been looking at house plans so we can hit the ground running when it does.

Makayla is our only child and we have no plans to expand our family anytime soon. We're both quite happy with our family size at the moment and don't feel any urge to add on. That's not to say that we never will, but we're going to keep things the way they are for the time being.

Makayla is now 2 1/2 years old and she says some of the most comical things. C and I were out with her and she says from her carseat "I can't get my bless you out." She had to sneeze, but it didn't come. If she only knew how often that happens to me!

The other funny thing is that she doesn't quite understand why we have to leave the house when people are coming over during a house showing. She thinks they are coming to visit us, so she gets a bit confused. We returned home last night after the showing and Makayla asked me where all the "people" were. I told her that they had left already because they were there to see the house and not us. Hopefully it sells quickly so she won't be confused for too long.

Well, that my first post. I sure hope I can keep this updated!

4 comments:

Deanne said...

Hi Angela!! So glad you started a blog. I have/had one but have been too busy. I hope to see lots of pics of M!!

Michelle said...

YEAH! Great pic also. Good luck on the house sale!

S said...

Welcome to blog world! I love how Makayla couldn't get her bless you out - that is too adorable! I can't wait to get to know you better!

Kristi Ann said...

Yay!! I am so glad you have one now!! I love seeing pictures of Makayla.....they grow so fast! :)

Just be sure and update..ya hear!~ :)