Friday, February 29, 2008

Nothing much new

Not much has been going on in the last week. Clay and Makayla got sick last weekend so I spent the first of this week dealing with that. I had to take Monday and Tuesday off work so Makayla could stay home and rest. Makayla is not a cuddler, so when she woke up on Monday night all feverish around 9:30 and wanted to snuggle with me, I jumped at the chance. We snuggled up in the rocking chair for an hour when I convinced her she should try to go back to bed. Clay figured that I would be sick by the end of the week after that, but it was so worth it. By the way, I'm not sick yet.

We had another house showing last week. The couple loved the house and the garage, but thought it might be too far out of town. They did have our house in their top 3 and were considering the distance from town. I was glad that there weren't any complaints about the house so I didn't spend the entire weekend trying to fix them. We haven't heard back, so I'm assuming they probably went with one of the other 2 houses. That's alright because the spring season will be coming soon and more house lookers will be out.

The land we bought has a little issue with it. The government owns a strip through the front of the property as well as through 3 other properties adjacent to us. We knew this when we bought it and we took it upon ourselves to spearhead the resolution to this issue. We contacted the other affected landowners to convince them to go ahead and purchase the strip from the government. They weren't in a hurry to do anything about it as they weren't trying to sell building lots off their properties like we were. Fortunately, we convinced them all to go ahead with this. It isn't going to cost a lot of money and it will be better for everybody in the long run. As of yesterday, the government had given our lawyer all the relevant information and hopefully we will have this resolved within a couple of weeks. We're really keen to get it resolved as we have 2 buyers who want to purchase building lots from us. We can't do these deals until we own the entire property. We really would like some of this money in our pockets.

Makayla is going through a spell where she is whining and talking baby talk a lot and it's driving me and Clay crazy. She knows how to speak like a big girl, so we have to keep reminding her of that. I think she is copying some of the kids at the sitter's as I can hear one of the kid's voices coming right out of her when she talks this way. I am looking forward to this phase being over.

On a happy note, I think that Makayla is getting closer to being potty trained. This week, she has told me a couple of times when she is peeing. This is a huge step for us. Now I have to focus of getting her to the toilet a lot so we can start catching it. I told her sitter and she confirmed that Makayla had been telling her too. Yay!!!

Makayla loves any kind of juice. This week, I introduced her to Kool-Aid. She started calling it regular juice to distinguish it from the orange juice or apple juice. If you could only hear the way she says "regular". It is hilarious.

1 comment:

Kristi Ann said...

Goooooooooo Makayla!!!!
Now can I pass you mine? LOL SHe is starting the potty training phase....
*sigh*