Monday, March 3, 2008

Do you see the resemblance?



Makayla is convinced that these 2 guys are one in the same. Do you see the resemblance?

The first is Prince Charming from the Shrek movies while the second is Eric Stromer from the HGTV show "Over Your Head". I watch HGTV quite a bit and I was surprised the first time Makayla looked at the TV and said "Mommy, it's Prince Charming!"

Makayla loves to play the computer. I never dreamed that she would be capable of playing a game all by herself at her age of less than 3, but I was wrong. She started by learning on her Leap Frog "My First Computer" that she got for Christmas. It is a keyboard that includes a small mouse that plugs into the TV. I showed her how to use this and she was a pro by her third time using it. She would occasionally ask me to play on our real computer, but I figured she was too young. I showed her a Mickey Mouse kindergarten game that a friend of mine gave me since her kids had outgrown it, and Makayla was keen to try the game herself. I showed her how to run the mouse, which she pretty well knew from playing with her Leap Frog computer. Now, she can sit and play the games without any help from me. I told Clay that she is going to be showing him how to run the computer before long.

We haven't had any more house showings, but we've been so overwhelmed with snow, that I'm sure nobody is interested in looking at houses right now. I know that I am tired of shovelling snow. The snow banks in our backyard are currently over my head, and we're calling for another foot of snow on Wednesday. The snow seems to drift into our backyard and hardly touches our front yard. I've decided that I'm not shovelling the walkway in the backyard again, so we'll just have to start using the front door for the rest of the winter. Even Clay was in agreement with this.

One year ago, I was sitting on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Oh how I wish I were sitting there again!! I just have to keep thinking, less than 2 months before we go to Punta Cana.

1 comment:

Kristi Ann said...

Bug was on the computer before he could even understand a letter.
Now he can do things I cant. However we DO monitor him since he is only 5....
but isnt it crazy!?!?
And tell Makayla...yes..I do see the resemblance..and I now have a new favorite show! :) LOL