Friday, March 28, 2008

Potty training - Day 4

Makayla has still got the hang of it today. She broke my heart this morning though. She got on the toilet first thing, but she had already peed in her diaper, so she didn't pee anymore in the toilet. She got off and said "Mommy isn't proud of me anymore." I told her that I was proud that she tried to go pee on the toilet. I told the sitter about her statement, so she has also been trying to tell her how proud she is when Makayla just tries. Clay is going snowmobiling for the weekend which is good, so now I can concentrate on helping Makayla with potty training instead of Clay wanting us to go all over the city. It would be hard to practice potty training when we are dragging the kid all over the place.

In this process, I have to say that most of all, I appreciate Makayla's sitter. It has been a joint effort between us, but she has mostly dealt with it all week since I've been at work through the day. I have appreciated her advice and support in the process. She is a wonderful person and I can't tell her enough how much she means to both Makayla and me.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What great progress!

Keep posting, I'll be reading these again when we give it another effort next week.

Jen said...

YAY for Miss M! She is doing sooo great!!! Jams had another great day as well!

Sabrina said...

Angela- I hope this weekend training goes well! Sounds like she's almost there!