Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Potty training...ugh

We are back at potty training again. Makayla and I have been working on it off and on since last September. We start trying and then she doesn't seem ready, so I back off for a month or so. Now, she is only a couple of months away from her 3rd birthday, so Clay and I have decided that potty training must work this time. In the past, I have tried various incentives to get her to use the toilet (stickers, money for her piggy bank, candy, etc.) and they haven't worked. I've also used pull-ups with cool alert as a transition from diapers, but she doesn't see them as any different, so this hasn't worked. This time I am trying to appeal to her sensitive side, thinking that she might be more motivated to go to the toilet if it makes Mommy happy, but Mommy is disappointed when she doesn't go. We're also going cold turkey on the diapers. A cold, wet bum has got to be an incentive to want to use the toilet, right? Her babysitter is on board with this method too. We hope that when she realizes that we're both determined, she will cave. I welcome any and all advice.

No comments: