Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random stuff

Clay is still trying to get over his ear infections. The right ear, which had progressed to an inner ear infection a couple of weeks ago, still isn't quite right, so he has to go back to the doctor this week to see about it.

Makayla and I are going to see the Backyardigans show at our local theatre. I took her to the Big Comfy Couch show last spring and she loved it, so I know she is going to enjoy going this year even more. Unfortunately the weather is calling for some nasty stuff tonight through Friday. The temperature is supposed to be really mild tomorrow so hopefully it will just mostly be rain and not several inches of snow. We're supposed to meet a friend of mine and her daughter for supper before the show, so hopefully she will be able to make it as she lives an hour away.

Our house is still for sale. We had two showings last week. One of them said that the house was too far out of the city, which we've heard time and time again, so nothing new. The other couple also looked at our neighbour's house that is also for sale. Our neighbour's house is beautiful in my opinion. They have 3 completely finished levels, open concept, at least 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, nice big rooms. Compared to our split entry house with 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, no open concept, and good sized rooms but not huge. We heard our neighbour's feedback before we heard ours. The couple said that their house was too small. Once I heard that, I knew that ours was going to be a dollhouse in their eyes, which it was when we finally got the feedback. Moving on...

We're still struggling to get our property deal worked out. We were told that by tomorrow, the government will have signed off on the deeds so then the property can be transferred into our name. We are so anxious to have this deal completed. One of the people buying a building lot from us is chomping at the bit to get his house building started. I guess he's bringing a bulldozer in this weekend to start clearing the lot. We did get approval for this from our government contact since he said it's just a formality for the minister to have to sign off on the deed transfer and it will be our property shortly. We have had the building lots surveyed and we do have approval for the building lot too, so it's just a matter of getting property transferred into all the appropriate names.

Makayla, my mom and I went on a big shopping trip a couple of weekends ago. Clay had gone out and I really wanted to get out of the house but didn't know what Makayla and I should do. I made a list of some things I needed to buy and off we went to the mall. We stopped at my mom's house since they had just redone their kitchen countertop and sink and I wanted to take a look at the finished product. She heard we were headed to the mall, so she wanted to join us. So off we went. Makayla had a blast. Nana tried on clothes, Mommy tried on clothes and even Makayla tried on some clothes. I found her a cute dress that she is going to wear as a flowergirl for my brother-in-law's wedding and some adorable shoes. I found a nice new spring coat for myself and Nana picked up some new clothes for her trip to Las Vegas and Key West. I know this trip was just one of many that we girls will have over the years. I was just so glad that Makayla enjoyed herself so much.

Easter is this weekend, which snuck up on me. I got Makayla a few little chocolate treats and some for Clay too. I got her a Shrek puzzle and some new crocs and bathing suit for summer. She enjoyed the Easter egg hunt we did last year so I'm excited to see how she does this year.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Oh I hope it sells soon for you! I bet Backyardigans will be a blast! I would love for them to come to town!